By Masaki Ui of Bordeaux, France
By Masaki Ui of Bordeaux, France
Strush Wheels just posted Daiki Hosoda’s guest part and photo slide show with the late and great, Akira Takata from their latest video, “Cityscape.”
This part was hands down my favorite of the year 2013. Something about the music, spots, and Daiki’s style kept me watching this part over and over. On my lat trip to Japan, I was lucky enough to spend a day skating with Daiki and Uruma Masanori in Yokohama. Watching the guy skate in person is definitely a treat. A true master of the UNDERGROUND!
Akira Takata was an amazing photographer and was also the man responsible for shooting the cover photo that was used on the Tengu DVD cover. Check out his photography HERE.
Indonesia is an archipelago consisting of nearly 17,500 islands. And apparently, it also consists of some raw street skaters! If you were wondering, Street skateboarding is definitely alive and well in Jakarta.
’00:00,’ is filmed entirely at night with 3 parts from Adam Andiga, Ramdan Hadi Putra dan, and Jimmy Bastanta. Filmed and edited by Mazini Hafizhuddin and Adam Andiga showcasing pure Indonesian street skateboarding.
The fella’s had this to say about their video…
“This video displays 100% night skateboarding that features several skateboarders from Jakarta. When most skateboarders avoid to film at night because the lack of light will destroy the picture quality it produces, but these guys don’t take no for answer, they still go for it. The reason why is that night time is the most conducive time to film in Jakarta. Usually the security & street merchants aren’t that much as in the day, and the traffic is also not so hectic which makes it easier to move from spot to spot.”
Make sure and add this to your bookmark’s ladies and germs…For all things skateboarding JAKARTA, INDONESIA. BOOM! GOO SKATE MEDIA!
SKATERS MUST BE UNITED!! Spread the word and pass it along.
1. Pat Gallaher, Taking Flight in SF, CA 2014. He needed some advice on how to get over this hydrant, so….We gave Jimmy Lannon a call! Success!
2. Colin Read, Street Bean Bag, SF, CA 2014. We found this walking up a hill and thought it would make a great landing pad until we found out it was an active hotel for bed bugs!
3. Carlos, Pat, and Colin Trekking up a hill in Bernal Heights, SF, CA 2014
4. Meeting up with Pat Gallaher in the Mission District before heading to the hills! SF, CA 2014
5. Trevor Sias, paying homage to Leo Valls with a One-Foot Back-Nose Blunt Power Slide at a parker car while wearing his favorite Magenta coach jacket. SF, CA 2014
6. Ryan Barlow, his new Hummer, and personalized plates. SF, CA 2014
7. Colin having a squat on someone’s vehicle while trying to film Ryan Barlow. SF, CA 2014.
8. Colin and Carlos checking the footage via iPhone. Colin plays back the footage once, records it on his iPhone, so everyone can watch until their hearts are content. It also keeps your camera heads from wearing out with all the playback. SF, CA 2014
9. Lonely Hill Man, Bernal Hill, SF, CA 2014
10. Carlos and the City of San Francisco, CA 2014
11. Colin filming with a mystery man in SF’s Chinatown, CA 2014
12. Dan Harper, Trevor Sias, Robert Pawlikowski, Chris Morgan, and Pat Gallaher walking up to Corona Heights. SF, CA 2014.
13. The Hobart Building about to be engulfed in Fog, Financial District, SF, CA 2014
14. Chris and Trevor cruising down Market Street, SF, CA 2014
15. Poacher! SF, CA 2014
16. Robert Pawlikowski atop Corno Heights, CA 2014
17. Pat Gallaher and Dan Harper. A Minnesotan and a Floridian living together in harmony atop Corona Heights in SF, CA. 2014
18. Robert Pawlikowski, We’re all connected SF, CA 2014
19. Special visitor from the United Kingdom, and maker/owner of Science skateboards…Chris Morgan!! SF, CA 2014
It’s a new day, and a new roll of film has been shot, exposed and developed….This time entirely in San Francisco, California with some familiar faces, and a couple new ones.
In this edition, we have a day of skating with Chris Morgan from the United Kingdom! Pat Gallaher from the snowy and cold terrain of Minneapolis, Minnesota! Dan Harper and Robert Pawlikowski from Southern Florida’s mean streets of Tarpon Springs! Trevor Sias, creative genius and video game enthusiast from New York, New York! New Transplant from Gainesville, FL and total ripper, Ryan Barlow! Carlos Young, all the way from sunny Oakland, California! And long time favorite all-star….Colin Read aka The Mandible Claw!!!
Cherish those moments of being out a skating with your buddies and snap a couple photos. You’ll look back at them and think,
“Hey, those were fun times…”
Until next time! Now load up those cameras and take some pictures!
*All Photos by John Lindsay, shot with 800 Fuji Film and a Canon Sure Shot Z155
I always enjoy getting messages from people that link me to a local scene somewhere in the world. This time, BEHOLD field correspondent, Jacob Burke introduced me to a scene happening in Manchester, England of a crew of youngsters who are out there doing it. This one is called, ‘Digital Peel.’
These guys found a video camera in their Dad’s sock draw, rigged a Fish-eye and Light to it, got a crew together and made it happen. On top of that, they did it all in the month of December! Not typically a month with great weather if you live anywhere in the Northern Hemisphere of Planet Earth. Boom! Love that, Cheers fellas!
The triple threat from Canada, The Bos Brothers strike back! This time with a new video called, “HEADROOM.” If you were a fan of ‘Wash, Rinse, Repeat,’ you’ll definitely continue to be a fan with this one. HEADROOM is a three part skate video which is nowhere short of great spots, great skating, and great editing.
And if the video wasn’t enough, there’s an interview with brother Adam Bos. Time to put those reading comprehension skills you picked up in Junior High to test, fellas’!
Here’s what Color Mag had to say:
“If there was ever a single part to compete with this video it’s the prequel: Wash, Rinse, Repeat* would be that. But don’t get me wrong, Headroom is paving the path for a bright future of videos to come. We can only hope that Supreme’s “Cherry” possesses some of the same qualities as Adam Bos has achieved with this one. The unexpected music, spots, innovative and stylish skating, and especially the graphic interludes all combine to make this video something to aspire to. For any fan of east-coast skating, AWS, Super 8, and VHS… We’re honoured to have our logo attached to it. YOU NAILED IT! #BrothersBos”